Citizen Watches this year is sponsoring Eco-Drives watches to the 3 Minute Thesis Competition.
Citizen's beginnings go back to 1924, when its forerunner, the Shokosha Watch Research Watch Institute produced its first pocket watch the CITIZEN. The then Mayor of Tokyo, Mr Shimpei Goto, named the watch CITIZEN with the hope that the watch, a luxury item of those times, would become widely available to ordinary citizens and be sold throughout the world.
Citizen's Eco-Drive system brings new thinking to the art of watchmaking, this is a light powered solution that eliminates the need to change batteries.
How does it work?
- Natural and artificial lights are absorbed through the dial.
- A special solar cell converts the light into energy.
- Enough energy is stored to power the timepiece, even in the dark, from 135 days to 7 years depending on the model.
Prizes sponsored by Executive Education.
Executive Education offers over 200 two-day practical business and management short courses each year in addition to ‘Short, Sharp’ networking events and a series of half-day ‘Snapshot’ courses as part of our commitment to lifelong learning.
These short courses provide busy professionals from all walks of life with opportunities to up-skill, re-skill and acquire leading-edge business thinking in a practical and punchy manner. In essence, they are a quick and practical way to gain the knowledge, skills and development needed to succeed.
Executive Education offer skill set and mind-set development opportunities in:
- Accounting and finance
- Communication and Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Managing People and Teams
- Operations and Project Management
- Sales and marketing
- Strategy and Innovation
Prize sponsored by STA Travel.
STA Travel is a global travel specialist with over 30 years’ experience helping students and young people travel the world.
STA Travel offers a unique range of travel products including:
- exclusive student airfares
- round the world tickets
- hotels and hostels
- working holidays in Europe, the USA, Canada and more
- small and large group adventure tours
- volunteer projects
- bus and rail passes
- beach packages, city breaks and day trips
- festival travel.
Find more information at STA Travel