Main sponsors for the 2016 Competition were:
Citizen Watches this year is sponsoring Eco-Drives watches to the 3 Minute Thesis Competition.
Citizen's beginnings go back to 1924, when its forerunner, the Shokosha Watch Research Watch Institute produced its first pocket watch the CITIZEN. The then Mayor of Tokyo, Mr Shimpei Goto, named the watch CITIZEN with the hope that the watch, a luxury item of those times, would become widely available to ordinary citizens and be sold throughout the world.
Citizen's Eco-Drive system brings new thinking to the art of watchmaking, this is a light powered solution that eliminates the need to change batteries.
How does it work?
- Natural and artificial lights are absorbed through the dial.
- A special solar cell converts the light into energy.
- Enough energy is stored to power the timepiece, even in the dark, from 135 days to 7 years depending on the model.
Prize sponsored by STA Travel - Return flight to Brisbane, Australia for the Asia/Pacific 3 Minute Thesis Competition and a return flight internally for the masters winner.
STA Travel is a global travel specialist with over 30 years’ experience helping students and young people travel the world.
STA Travel offers a unique range of travel products including:
- exclusive student airfares
- round the world tickets
- hotels and hostels
- working holidays in Europe, the USA, Canada and more
- small and large group adventure tours
- volunteer projects
- bus and rail passes
- beach packages, city breaks and day trips
- festival travel.
Find more information at STA Travel
Go further faster with Executive Education
Enhance and future proof your career with our comprehensive range of one-day and two-day short courses designed for all staff, from entry level professionals to middle and senior managers and their teams. Improve your performance and stay relevant for the changing work environment.
Our comprehensive range of courses cover:
- Communication and Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Managing People and Teams
- Operations and Project Management
- Marketing and Sales Strategy and Innovation
- Accounting and Finance
View all of our upcoming courses on our webpage - www.exec.auckland.ac.nz