Three Minute Thesis 2022
Find 2022 competition details, dates and resources.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an exciting, fast-paced research communication competition. It was developed by the University of Queensland and is now held annually in over 900 universities across the globe. Participants take up the challenge to share the story of their research with a general audience in under three minutes, supported by nothing more than a single, static slide.
This year, the Open Heat will be held online, to allow off-campus students to take part.
Why take part?
Three Minute Thesis is so much more than great prizes, making friends and having fun. It’s valuable practice in communicating research clearly and concisely to a general audience. When you join in, you can:
- Develop your ability to craft an engaging research story
- Build up your presentation and public speaking skills
- Enrich your peer and industry networks
- Increase your confidence and your employability
- Gain exposure for your research - prizes include the opportunity to present your research to a national or international audience
|Thursday 23 June||3MT Feedback Workshop - Online|
2022 competition dates
|Wednesday 13 July, 10am–12pm||Feedback session (finalists only)|
|Friday 22 July, 4–6pm
||Finals rehearsal (finalists only)
|Friday 5 August, 5–7.30pm
||University of Auckland Final|