Academic Poster category
Everything you need to know about the Academic Poster category of the SGS Research Showcase.
Create a poster that communicates your research to a general audience. You will be invited to display the poster in the showcase exhibition if your submission is shortlisted.
Candidates from the Faculty of Science should submit via your faculty’s poster competition. Entries shortlisted in this competition will automatically be entered into the Academic Poster category of the SGS Research Showcase.
People’s Choice Award
The key with this poster presentation is to strike a balance between academic content and presentation of the work to a broad audience. Winning entries will be selected by a panel of judges invited by SGS.
Posters will be scored based on three criteria:
- Academic content
- Appeal to a broad audience
Training and resources
- The design of the poster must be the student’s own work.
- Posters must be static. No moving images with the help of a smartphone or tablet will be allowed.
Terms and Conditions
- Posters submitted must be digital.
- One entry per person per category only is allowed.
- All entrants must ensure that they are the original first author of the poster.
- Participants are liable for the costs incurred for the printing. PReSS accounts may be used for printing posters.
- To enter, an entry form should be submitted with PDF file by the deadline provided.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified on 21 September and then must submit a hard copy of their poster (up to A1 size) for display.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- Electronic posters will be displayed online on Figshare.
- School of Graduate Studies reserves the right to review the item and ask entrants to modify the poster to ensure it meets University of Auckland health and safety policy, research ethics guidelines and equity policy, or to preserve the entrant’s intellectual property rights.
Submissions are now closed.