Creative Items category
How to enter the Creative item category of the SGS Research Showcase.
Please note: Entries for 2021 are now closed.
Book your ticket to view winning entries at the Online SGS Research Showcase.
The ultimate expression of creativity! Create a single physical item that represents your research. This could be something you have created at home, in the lab or studio, or using the beginner-friendly, state-of-the-art technology available at Unleash Space.
You will be invited to display the physical item on campus once we return, if shortlisted.
The creative item entry will be assessed with the following criteria:
- Effectively communicates the research
- Shows imaginative use of materials and ideas
- Appeals to and engages the audience
$300 Westfield voucher
$100 Westfield voucher
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to eligible doctoral candidates and research masters (90 points or over) students.
- One entry per person per category only is allowed.
- To enter, an entry form should be submitted. An image of the item, item title and descriptions must be submitted by the deadline.
- Items must not include any harmful or dangerous substances.
- All entrants must ensure that they are the original creator of the item.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- By submitting an entry, applicants consent to UoA using images for promotional purposes to publicise your, and/or the university’s research. Ownership of the image and item will remain with the entrant.
- Images or videos of the item will be displayed online on Figshare. A selection of shortlisted physical items will be displayed on campus at the showcase event.
- School of Graduate Studies reserves the right to review the item and ask entrants to modify the item to ensure it meets University of Auckland health and safety policy, research ethics guidelines and equity policy, or to preserve the entrant’s intellectual property rights.