Receiving your student ID card
Depending on whether you’re a new or returning student, we’ll either post your ID card to you, or you may need to collect it.
New students are those who have never been issued a University of Auckland ID card.
A student ID card will only be issued if:
- Your enrolment in courses is complete on Student Services Online.
- Your photo is in Student Services Online. To check your photo, sign into Student Services Online and select ‘Update your personal details’.
Note: Your ID card will be issued approximately 10 days after these requirements have been met.
New domestic students
- If you’re a new domestic student, and you haven’t had a University of Auckland ID card in the past, we’ll post it to the mailing address listed in Student Services Online.
- Ensure your mailing address on Student Services Online is correct. If you don’t receive your ID card due to an incorrect mailing address, you may be charged the $20 replacement fee.
- For security reasons, ID cards are not mailed to overseas mailing addresses. Your mailing address must be a valid and accurate New Zealand address.
New international students
You can collect your ID card from the Student Information Centre, The ClockTower, 22 Princes St (Monday to Friday 8am–6pm) where you will need to submit the documentation below:
- A copy of the photo identity page of your passport.
- A copy of your valid student visa to study at the University of Auckland.
These are those who have previously been issued a University of Auckland ID card.
This could be a student card, library card, staff card or contractor card.
We do not automatically mail out ID cards to returning students.
If you have retained your previous ID card and it has not expired (six years from date of issue) you can continue to use this card once you have enrolled.
If you’ve previously been issued with an ID card which you no longer have, you’ll need to follow the steps below (note: this process doesn’t apply to current students who require a replacement ID card):
- Submit a new, professional, colour, standard passport photo. See Submitting your ID card photo for more information.
- Enrol in courses (if accepted into a programme).
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting a card be sent to your current mailing address held in Student Services Online. This must be a New Zealand mailing address. If you don’t receive your ID card due to an incorrect mailing address, you may be charged the $20 replacement fee.
If you’d prefer to obtain a card in person, visit one of our ID card centres.