UHCS Patient update 17 August 2021
As we move into Level 4, our waiting room will be closed, please do not turn up at UHCS. We will provide medical and counselling appointments – these will be mostly virtual and phone consultations to ensure we are practicing the appropriate social distancing. Please contact us via 0800 698 427 to discuss your needs with our team
This means that:
- Please do not turn up to UHCS as our waiting room is closed
- All non-essential appointments will be cancelled until we progress down the levels (for things such as smears.)
- For essential appointments, we will be operating via phone, virtual consultations and virtual counselling sessions. We will continue with face to face consultations only where appropriate and booked by a doctor
- Please note the same charges apply to virtual consults with nurses or doctors
- Prescriptions will continue to be administered. Patients who need a repeat prescription will be assessed via a phone consultation, or if deemed appropriate issued a repeat without a consultation. Prescriptions will be sent directly to your preferred pharmacy for collection.
- Please allow 3 working days for prescriptions to be processed, you will need to have the details of your preferred pharmacy.
- Counselling appointments will now be delivered by zoom or phone, unless the Lead Counsellor determines that a face to face consultation is required. In this instance, access to the clinic will be treated in the same way as all other arrivals (nurse triage by phone prior to access being granted).
For further information please contact us on 0800 698 427.