Funded Accommodation Support

This is an opportunity for current eligible students who require addition support via funded accommodation in one of our Halls of Residence.

Applications have now closed for Semester One 2022.

Eligibility for accommodation support

You are eligible to apply for this funded accommodation support if you meet all of the following criteria: 

  • You must be an enrolled student at the University of Auckland. 
  • You must be a domestic student.Can demonstrate proof of hardship (bank statements are required).
  • You must be enrolled as a full-time student for the Residency Period. Each semester you must achieve passes in papers which confer not less than 30 points for that semester (allowances will be made for double semester papers). 
  • You are in your second year of study or above (not applicable for first-year students).

The financial support is applicable for single rooms at Te Tirohanga o te Tōangaroa hall of residence only.

The University reserves the right to terminate the financial support if: 

  • You have not applied for admission to the University either within a month of receiving your accommodation offer, or before the admission application closing date, whichever date is earlier. 
  • You have not enrolled into full-time courses at the University by the enrolment deadline. 

Application process

Applications are initially assessed with information gathered every weekday. The information is compiled into a live report for the Hardship Panel to review. All applications are placed in a confidential queue and only a very small number of people have access to them. Only one person reviews the bank statements that are provided. The panel who assesses applications is made up of:  

  • Associate Director of Campus Life, Student Wellbeing and Engagement 
  • Manager of Student Conduct and Care, 
  • Campus Life Manager of Accommodation Solutions (for students living in Halls of Residence only).

If you are unable or uncomfortable providing a particular piece of information that the form requests, please contact the Campus Care team for a confidential 1:1 conversation about your circumstances.