India SDG High School Poster Competition
Showcase your creativity and innovative ideas around the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and you could win some exciting prizes! Plus earn your school the University of Auckland SDG Trophy for the year.
About the competition
The poster competition is based on the theme of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals. It is open to all high school students in India from grades 9 to 12. A maximum of nine students per school will be allowed to participate in the competition.
Registrations open from Saturday 30 September 2023. The final submission date for the poster is at 11.59pm IST on Wednesday 6 December 2023.
How to enter
- Registrations open from Saturday 30 September 2023.
- Attend the University of Auckland webinar one, an introduction to the competition, theme, rules, judging criteria and other important information.
- Prepare a digital poster to address the issues and ideas around one of the following SDGs in your local area. You are also required to draw a feasible and innovative solution to address the issue:
- SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- SDG 13: Climate action
- Include the following project details in your poster:
- The title of your project
- Which SDG you chose
- Pictures or photos
- A brief description on the issues and feasible innovative solutions (up to 300 words)
- Submit your digital poster as a PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SDG information webinar
Join our informative Poster Competition Information Session “Charting a Sustainable Future” where you will hear from the University of Auckland team about participation details, about how you can express your ideas and vision for a sustainable future through the power of art and design. We will then open the floor for questions and discussions.
- Date: Sunday 5th November 2023
- Time: 11.00 am IST
All participants will receive a certificate of participation from the University of Auckland.
The following prizes will be awarded to the competition winners:
- The University of Auckland SDG Trophy - an annual rotating trophy for the winning school
- First place: Laptop computer
- Two finalists: Apple iPad Air
Winners will be notified through their student email addresses and will be announced across all the University of Auckland’s social media channels.
|Registrations open||Saturday 30 September 2023
|University of Auckland webinar one
||Sunday 5 November 2023|
|Registrations close (last day to register)||Monday 20 November 2023, 11.59pm IST|
|Final submission of poster
||Wednesday 6 December 2023, 11.59pm IST|
|Announcement of finalists||Saturday 16 December 2023 (by email)|
|Announcement of winners||TBC
Sustainability at the University of Auckland
The University of Auckland is committed to pursuing sustainability via research, teaching and learning, operating practices, partnerships, and capacity building.
After ranking number one in the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings for 2019 and 2020, the University of Auckland retained a position in the top ten of the rankings moving to sixth globally in 2022 from ninth equal in 2021.The rankings measure how universities worldwide are performing against the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs came into force in 2016 and set a 15-year agenda for all countries to end poverty, fight inequalities and build peaceful, just, and sustainable societies.
We are organising this poster competition for high school students in India to promote the development of the knowledge, skills, understanding, values, and actions required to create a sustainable world.
Learn more about sustainability at the University of Auckland.
Terms and conditions
Before registering for the competition and making your submission, please read our Standard competition terms and conditions - The University of Auckland.
For the reference of previous competition participants, the 2021 competition Terms and Conditions can be accessed below:
For further information, please contact:
Vasudha Hanumanthappa, Recruitment Adviser, South Asia
Based in Bangalore, India