Universitas 21 (U21) opportunities
A full list is available at Universitas21.
Universitas 21 Undergraduate Research Conference (URC)
Future Societies, Global Citizens
26-30 June 2017
The University of Edinburgh
Opportunity for Honours and research-active
Opportunity for Honours and research-active undergraduate students.
This conference attracts students from a wide range of disciplines. Participants have the opportunity to polish their presentation skills, showcase their research and connect with students from around the world. It includes field trips and social activities.
Up to three students enrolled at the University of Auckland will be selected to participate in this event alongside students from our U21 partner universities. The University will provide economy airfares and accommodation costs for selected students. There is no registration fee.
Complete your traveller profile and apply to this programme on go.aucklandabroad.ac.nz.
You must submit the application by 12pm (noon) on 20 March
For further information, visit: Future Societies, Global Citizens.
The University will select up to three representatives. The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Demonstrated academic merit (a minimum GPA of 6.0 in the 2 most recent full-time semesters of study)
- i. Acceptance of their paper/abstract/participation by the conference organisers (in those cases where students have to apply for such acceptance first)
- ii. Level of engagement with the conference theme (in those cases where students do not first need to be accepted by the organisers)
- motivation for applying to represent the University, the benefits for the University of supporting their participation, and the alignment of their application with the University’s strategic priorities
- suitability as a representative of the University of Auckland and demonstrated ability to work effectively across disciplines
- support of the student’s faculty
Preference may be given to students who have not
been previously funded by the University for similar opportunities.
Where two or more applicants are considered to equally meet the criteria, an appropriate spread of faculty representatives may be considered at the committee’s discretion.
U21 International Summer Schools
In addition to year and semester exchanges, short-term programmes (such as summer and winter schools) are available from U21 member institutions.
A list of 2017 offerings are available: U21 International Summer Schools.
To apply for these opportunities, please contact the Auckland Abroad team:
Phone: +64 9 923 1692
Auckland Abroad Resource Centre
Level 4, Student Commons
2 Alfred Street
Open: Monday to Friday 2pm–4pm