CHINESE 100G Beginning Modern Chinese 1
CHINESE 100G | Open Schedule | Summer School 2017, Semester One 2017 | City Campus | 15 points
This course is intended for absolute beginners of Chinese language. It aims to provide Chinese learners with basic grammar patterns, vocabulary and conversational skills.
- Chinese pronunciation and romanisation
- Basic Chinese word order, questions, greetings and basic social talk
- More types of questions, asking about names, nationality and possession
- Direct and indirect objects, numbers and auxiliary verbs, talking about your abilities, likes, dislikes
- Classifiers, more numbers and numbering order, choices and options
- Money and prices, shopping
- Negation, ‘le’ and its extended usage, talking about friends, going to restaurants
- Modification of a noun, simultaneous actions, talking about doing more than one thing at the same time
- Location, position suffixes, cause and effect, talking about giving directions and finding locations
All students must complete a Language Ability Declaration before enrolling in a language course.
To find out more visit First time enrolment in language courses.
Written test (10%)
Two oral tests (20%)
Four short tests (10%)
Two-hour examination (50%)