How to apply for UniBound
- be of Māori or Pacific descent
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
- be completing Year 13 at a New Zealand secondary school (or its equivalent) in the calendar year that the application for entry is made
- have gained the NCEA Level 2 certificate
- have gained the Literacy and Numeracy requirements for university entrance
- be successful in the personal interview for the programme
We may also consider applicants who have had one year away from secondary school but have not undertaken any other tertiary level study.
Once you have applied we will contact you about the interview. You must bring the following to the interview:
- New Zealand passport, or birth certificate, or permanent residency identification
- two small passport-size photos of yourself
- your NZQA transcript documentation for Year 11, Year 12 and Year 13 showing subjects studied
The selection process
Selection and pathway of study will be made by the Certificate Selection Committee.
Applicants are selected based on a successful interview and:
- academic achievement results attained in subjects during their final years at secondary school
- academic merit and general attitude as per last school reports and/or other courses completed
- meeting eligibility criteria for programme
Notice of acceptance
All applicants will receive notification of whether or not they are accepted into the UniBound programme.
If you are accepted, you will receive an official "offer of place in programme". You must accept the offer immediately. We will tell you how to accept your offer online.
Payment of fees
There are no fees for Summer School (Part 1), but you will need to pay fees for Semester One (Part 2). These must be paid before Semester One starts.
We suggest you apply as soon as possible. Student loans are managed by StudyLink.
The application process
When you apply, follow this path:
- Select Programme
- Programme Type
- Certificate in Academic Preparation
- Major or Specialisation
- Physical, Informational and Computational Sciences
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Complete the application.
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 85067
Note: Certain courses are subject to availability and may not be offered during the programme semesters.
Please ensure you include a current email address as we will use this to advise you of your application status.