How to apply
Applying for a Northern Hemisphere Summer Research Scholarship is a two-step process: read our guide on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Select the research project(s) that interest you. You can apply for projects in more than one faculty but you can only hold one scholarship.
- Read the University of Auckland Northern Hemisphere Summer Research Scholarships Regulations and check that you are eligible to apply.
- Have electronic copies of the following ready:
- Your CV details
- Your official academic transcript
- Any project-specific information that has been requested by the faculty (as noted in the project description)
If you are new to the University, you will need to provide certified documents. We will email you once you have submitted your application to request the required documents. To be eligible for these scholarships, you must provide the requested documents as quickly as possible and before the closing date of 4 February 2019.
Step 1. Apply for admission
1. Apply for admission and select ‘Complete the Application for Admission now’
- If you are new to the University, you will be asked to register and provide your email address and create a password.
- If you have studied here before, please use your University of Auckland ID and password when you log in.
2. Under ‘Your applications’, select ‘Apply for programme’.
3. Under ‘Select Programme’, select
- ‘Certificate’ as your Programme type
- ‘Summer Research Scholarship Programme’ as your Programme name
4. Under ‘Major/specialisation’, select
- The option for your faculty
- ‘2019 Quarter Three’ as your Start Term
- ‘City’ as your Campus, select regardless of where your study will be carried out
- Under ‘Scholarships’ select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ as appropriate to your situation.
5. Click ‘Next’.
6. Fill out the ‘Additional information’ mandatory fields. The answers you provide will not affect your application.
7. Click ‘Next’.
8. Under ‘Review Your Application’, click ‘Declaration’.
9. Read and complete the Declaration’, click ‘I agree’, and then click ‘Submit application’.
10. Apply for a scholarship and project (see below).
Step 2. Apply for a scholarship and a project
1. Apply online for the Northern Hemisphere Summer Research Scholarships
2. You must choose at least one project, some faculties will require you to select up to three.
3. When all sections are complete, click the ‘Submit’ button.
4. You will receive an email acknowledging your application.
5. Applications must be submitted by midnight (NZST) on 4 February 2019. Late applications cannot be accepted.
6. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of March 2019.
7. For any queries on the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org