Why do a Northern Hemisphere Summer Research Scholarship?
A Summer Research Scholarship will give you experience conducting research under the guidance and support of a supervisor, and add significant value to your CV.
- NZ$4,400 tax-free stipend and NZ$2,000 towards your travel costs.
- Get a taste of postgraduate research at New Zealand’s leading university.
- Develop international research networks and collaborate with leading international researchers.
- Experience studying and living in Auckland, a city ranked as one of the world’s top 3 cities*.
- Enjoy life on campus at one of our busiest and most vibrant times of the year.
- Improve your career opportunities; in some cases the scholarships lead to a career in research.
- Some summer scholars co-author presentations at international conferences and academic journal articles.
- Gain exposure to authentic case studies.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Practice data collection, analysis, literature reviews, interviewing techniques and mind mapping.
- Learn to use specialised software.
- Acquire specialist laboratory and presentation skills.
*Mercer 2017 Quality of Living Survey.