Career Development and Employability Services
Room 126, Level 1, The ClockTower
22 Princes Street
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 88727
We assist current University of Auckland students (as well as graduates up to three years after graduation) with all aspects of career development.
Our vision is to help graduates develop the capabilities to successfully self-manage and navigate their world of work, life and learning.
This will enable you to:
- Realise your potential
- Move towards a personally determined and evolving future
- Be positive contributors to local, national and global communities
You can develop your CV and cover letters, career planning, interview, networking and job search skills by attending one our workshops.
Careers drop-in and appointments
There are two ways to get personalised help from our Career Development Consultants.
- Drop-in (no appointment necessary)
Monday - Friday
10.30-11.30am and 3-4pm
Room 123, The ClockTower
Note: We advise that you attend a CV workshop before coming along to a CV drop-in clinic.
- Face-to-face appointments
You can make appointments with a Career Development Consultant. Login to MYCDES to book an appointment.
CDES Job Board
Access our graduate and student job vacancy and internship database by logging in to the CDES Job Board.
Our customers' feedback
- "It's a great service. I was unsure if I was on the right track with my CV and cover letter and I got the support and encouragement needed to both improve my CV and ensure that I was on the right track."
- “Thank you for your help with interview preparation – it was certainly a confidence booster and the feedback you gave was very constructive! I've kept it in mind during the interviews I've had since and I'm sure it helped in my interview.”
- "It was useful to find out information on career opportunities by informal networking with employers."
- "The event was great from a branding and marketing perspective. Company exposure, raising awareness and company profile."
- "We saw a good range and number of students."
- "It’s beneficial to get our brand out there."
Meet our award-winning Career Development Consultants and Employer Engagement team.
CDES manager: Catherine Stephens
Career Development Consultants:
Law/Creative Arts and Industries: Shannon Ring
Medical and Health Sciences: Liz Barry
Education and Social Work/Arts: Lisa Adams-Broyd
Engineering/Maori and Pacific Engagement (cross faculty): Riki Apa
Maori (cross faculty, He Vaka Fellow), Postgraduate(cross faculty): Dr Tia Dawes
Arts/Science: Sarah Moyne
Maori and Pacific Programmes (cross faculty): Katie Hungerford
International: Jannie Allen
Marketing and Communications Coordinator: Samantha Caughey
Office Manager: Tania Stanton
Employer Engagement Manager: Faith Pallant
Employer Engagement Assistant: Martin Read
Employer Event Coordinator: Kate Jones