Salaries and starting work
Understanding the salary ranges of the roles you are applying for helps you answer interview questions about your expectations and when negotiating job offers.
Here’s a list of resources to help you research market salaries in New Zealand for your role or industry.
- Careers New Zealand - Jobs database
Search the database to view expected pay ranges for a wide range of jobs.
- Hays Salary Guide
Hays is an international recruitment agency and produces an annual salary guide for positions across New Zealand and Australia.
- Employment New Zealand - Pay and wages
Information from the New Zealand Government to help you understand your rights around pay in New Zealand.
- Trade Me - Salary guide
Salary data based on full-time roles listed on Trade Me Jobs.
- PayScale - New Zealand Salary Survey
Salary data for New Zealand from the American website PayScale.
- Robert Half - Salary Guide
Provides an overview of salaries in New Zealand for finance, accounting and technology roles.
- Absolute IT - Industry reports
Regular reports about the salaries in the IT industry across New Zealand.
- Some professional associations may also provide salary information for their industry based on survey data from their members. For example, Engineering New Zealand - Remuneration for engineers.