2019 CDES Internship Career Expo
Internships come in all shapes and sizes, which means this expo truly has something for everyone!
Date: Thursday 1 August
Time: 10.30am - 2.30pm
Venue: 23 Symonds Street, Building 302, Science Centre Foyer
There’s no need to register for this event, just turn up on the day. This event is exclusively for University of Auckland students.
Don’t forget to bring your student ID!
Internships: the ticket to your future career
There is no better way to prepare for your future than to actually give it a test drive, and the best way to do that is through an internship. Our final expo of the year brings employers and internship providers to campus so you can connect and begin making your mark on the world of work. Internships come in all shapes and sizes, which means this expo truly has something for everyone!
A soft landing in the world of work
It can take time and effort to translate your learnings from your degree into a meaningful career, so it’s never too soon to begin. Wherever you are in your studies, this expo is the perfect chance to explore opportunities and secure an internship that could take you to the next step.
With an internship, the world is your oyster
Internships are available all over the world, and an overseas placement could be a fantastic way to see the world and get valuable workplace experience at the same time. Scholarships are often available to help cover the cost of interning abroad, so don’t miss the chance to connect with providers in other countries and learn what might be available to you.
I liked the students who were already prepared as they asked specific questions.
Now’s the time to create your future!
Successful internships often lead to roles in the future, so the employers and recruiters at the expo will be eager to meet you and hear about your goals. Research the organisations who will be attending and have your questions ready!
Which employers are attending the event?
Check out which employers will be on campus and the groups they are interested in talking to. Taking the time to research the organisations will impress their representatives on the day!
You can also view additional registration information on MyCDES.
More employers to be confirmed, check back for updates!
|Employer||Faculties of interest
||Are international students eligible?
|Aderant||Business, Engineering, Law & Science||Yes|
|Analytics & Research in Government||Arts, Business, Engineering, Science||Yes|
|Auckland Council||Arts, Business, Engineering, Law & Science||Yes|
|Coretex||Engineering & Science||No|
|FNZ||Engineering & Science||Yes|
|GSK||Business, Medical and Health Sciences, Science||No|
|Huawei Technologies||Business & Engineering||Yes|
|IMC Pacific||Engineering & Science||No|
|Infosys Limited||Arts, Business, Engineering & Science||No|
|Intern Abroad HQ||All Faculties||Yes|
|Intern NZ and Intern OZ||All Faculties||Yes|
|KVB Global Markets Limited||Business, Law & Science||Yes|
|McKenzie & Co||Engineering||No|
|Medtech||Medical and Health Sciences||Yes|
|Ministry of Education||All Faculties||Yes|
|Navico||Engineering & Science||Yes|
|New Zealand Food & Grocery Council||All Faculties||Yes|
|Optiver||Business, Engineering & Science||No|
|Summer of Tech||All Faculties||Yes|
|The Treasury||Arts, Business, Law & Science||Yes|
|Watercare||Business, Engineering, Law & Science||Yes|
|Xero||Engineering & Science||Yes|
Employer Intern Profiles
- Aderant - Lewis MacDonald
- AIESEC - Kajol Patel
- Analytics & Research in Government - Sujay Suresh
- Babock - Mandeep Singh
- Douglas Pharmaceuticals - Shelby McDonald & Jamie Kim
- EY - Montanna Bowyer & Regan Cook
- FNZ - Barnaby Carey
- Frequency - Daan van der Have
- GSK - Praneeth Saturi
- Xero - Alexandra Fowler & Cyrus Raitava-Kumar
- Coretex - Alex Cashmore & Lawrence Song
Top tips to get expo ready
- Login to MyCDES to access online resources and to book your place for our workshops and career events:
- Get clarity on what you have to offer employers and build confidence to to introduce yourself naturally in a professional setting by booking your place at one of our workshops!
- Get your CV and LinkedIn profile ready – we have a daily CV drop-in (Monday to Friday 10.30-11.30am & 3-4pm, Level 1, Kate Edger Information Commons) an online module (on MyCDES) and workshops tailored to help you write customised CV and cover letters.
- Our Career Development Consultants and employers will also be on hand to check your CV at the expo. Please bring a copy of your CV on paper, laptop or tablet.