Summer Internships available through Callaghan Innovation!
Calling Undergrads and PhD students - have you heard of Callaghan Innovation R&D Experience Grant internships? Keep reading to find out how you can secure yourself 10-weeks of work experience over summer.
Heaps of companies throughout New Zealand have now received funding from Callaghan Innovation through their R&D Experience Grants, meaning they can employ a maximum of 10 students, over a 10-week period, paying them a minimum of $21.15 an hour!
DB Breweries, MYOB, Spark, Fonterra and Comvita are just some of the companies who have received funding and are recruiting now! With grants having only just closed, even more companies will be joining the final list over the next few weeks. As soon as opportunities are live, they are listed on the MyCDES job board, where you can apply direct.
What can companies offer you?
Companies vary in size, industry, location and opportunity but all will have active R&D programmes, providing technical work experience relevant to your degree. They will also have a professional development plan and a mentor, who will provide support and guidance during the 10-week programme.
Is there a catch?
No, you just have to tick the following boxes in order to be eligible:
- Be studying, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree or qualification at NZQA level 7-10. If study has been completed, the closing date of your final semester should be less than 12 months ago.
- Be studying science, technology, engineering, design or business at a New Zealand tertiary education institute.
- Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand.
- Not have been previously employed at the business unless part-time or temporary.
- Not have undertaken more than two Experience Grant internships with the same business
Interned there, researched that…
Stay tuned as we catch up with students who have undertaken internships with companies through the R&D Experience Grants!
In the meantime, head over to Callaghan Innovations website where you can find out even more about the internships and make sure you check the MyCDES job board regularly where new opportunities are listed daily.