Funded, remote, global internship programme!
Are you still looking to secure a summer internship? Look no further! Apply now for a international, remote internship, with The Intern Group, funded by the University of Auckland.
Please note: You must apply via the PreviewMe platform in order to be eiligible for funding. Do not apply directly via The Intern Group website!
COVID-19 might be preventing you from travelling for work opportunities, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t gain international work experience. Through the Intern Group’s remote internship programme you will be connected to organisations, virtually, across the globe.
This opportunity is tailored to University of Auckland students from all areas of study who are looking to gain experience across a variety of industries and sectors. If it’s flexibility, real life work experience, global opportunities, part time or full time hours you’re looking for - remote internships will fit around you, whatever your situation. The work is unpaid but you can fit this around part time work you may already have - giving you the best of both worlds!
This is more than just an internship, it is a programme that allows you to connect with other interns from around the globe, hear from world renowned industry leaders, plus receive mentoring and career development workshops and support. The Intern Group partner with over 3,000 leading organisations across the globe; expect to find internships across the following industries:
- Art, photography & design
- IT & Computer Science
- NGOs & non-profits
- PR & marketing
- Finance & accounting
- Journalism, publishing and media
The application process...
You must follow the below process in order to be eligible for funding - do not apply straight through The Intern Group!
With internships usually valued at a cost of over $3000 NZD, this is an amazing opportunity funded by the university, which will help you stand out in a competitive job market. Applications are open now, until midnight on Sunday 18 October. Keep reading to find out how to apply and what's involved in the application process:
- Submitting your application through PreviewMe
- If you are successful you will be invited to an online assessment centre run by the CDES team w/c 19 October.
- You will then be invited to an on-campus interview w/c 26 October.
- A short list of applicants will then be interviewed by The Intern Group w/c 1 November.
Support with your application!
CDES are also running a number of sessions that will support your application, preparing you for each step of the process. If you want to find out more about the PreviewMe platform, brush up on your interview skills or generally just find out more information about remote internship programmes – sign up to a session on MyCDES and check out the schedule below!
- Monday 12 October, 1 - 2pm: Top tips for remote internship applications
- Monday 12 October, 2 - 3pm: How to write an effective CV
- Tuesday 13 October, 11am - The Intern Group live information session
- Thursday 15 October, 11am - 12pm: Answering Interview Questions with confidence: Part 1.
- Thursday 15 October 12 - 1pm: Answering Interview Questions: Part 2 - practice makes perfect.
What are remote internship programmes?
Remote internships are unpaid but are similar to your standard internships in terms of roles and responsibilites - except they are completed virtually as opposed to in a physical office environment. It might seem a little strange at first starting a new job from home, but you receive a huge amount of support from the company including:
- Career development through mentoring and employer support
- Regular engagement with your supervisor and teammates – ensuring you are gaining experience working in a team and learning through others
- Developing skills for new ways of working through online flexibility and gaining insights into different organisations and industries.
- Webinars with global leaders
- Access to language lessons
We've also put together this handy page, which tells you more about the different types of international, remote, industry experiences.
Good luck with your application and remember, CDES is here to support you every step of the way!