Funded Doctoral Internships in Mumbai and Medellín
Take your research project to a new level with an international internship!
Experience the hustle and bustle of Mumbai or the exotic colours of Medellín, while completing a funded project-based internship this summer!
We are offering up to 4 University of Auckland doctoral candidates* the chance to travel to Mumbai or Medellín for internships in 2019, made possible through funding from the Prime Minister’s Scholarship for Asia and Latin America.
*Your experience will be managed and supported on-the-ground by our providers CRCC Asia and AIC, our internship partners.
- 12-week project-based internship in Medellín, Colombia. Funded by a Prime Minister's Scholarship for Latin America.
- 6-week project-based internship in Mumbai, India. Funded by a Prime Minister's Scholarship for Asia.
Why do an internship?
An international internship is an opportunity for you to develop your networks, transferrable skills and apply your expertise to solving real-world industry issues. You’ll gain practical experience in a global workplace that could set you apart from your peers when you make your transition into the workforce.
You’ll be working with industry professionals on a project matched to your skills and interests, and enjoying a vibrant cultural experience at the same time.
Project-based internships sectors
The project you work on during your internship will be matched with your current area of research and/or your personal research interests. Projects are available in a range of topics including (but not limited to) the examples given below:
- Business (Finance, Property, Marketing, IT)
- Engineering (All)
- Science (Computer science)
- NICAI (Architecture, Planning)
- Arts (NGO, Community work)
- Development: Poverty Reduction, Community Empowerment, Human Rights, Education, Public Health, Environment, Social Consulting, Microfinance
- Communications: Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Media, Journalism, Publishing
- Other Sectors: Finance, Real Estate, Design, Arts, and more…
- Programme/course fee
- Internship brokerage fee with on the ground support
- Accommodation costs
- Travel insurance
- Small contribution towards living costs. You will need to cater for your own spending costs whilst over there
Eligibility and how to apply
Doctoral candidates can apply for either of the funded doctoral internship opportunities that are currently available. To apply, please complete the below application form:
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this unique opportunity.
The application form may take some time to complete so we recommend that you draft your answers in a separate document before transferring them into this form. Before you apply, please make sure that you have discussed the opportunity with your supervisor. Best of luck with your application!