Career expo and recruitment events
Register now recruitment events and career expos.
Why your organisation should attend:
- Build brand awareness – connect with students from a range of disciplines to let them know what your organisation has to offer and what you stand for.
- Build a talent pipeline – engage with students to nurture talent for your internship and graduate opportunities.
- Mould better applicants – offer information about your recruitment process and what students need to do to stand out.
- Support students on their career development journey – offer advice to students to help them make career decisions.
- Stand out as an employer of choice – connect with top talent and put your company front of mind in the community.
The 2017 expo season is over, but keep an eye out for announcements about our 2018 schedule to boost your graduate and internship recruitment drives.
To discuss availability, contact Kate Jones, Employer Events Coordinator.
Costs and discounts
At the start of 2017 we introduced a new discount to reward full-fee paying organisations* that are attending two or more of our expos.
This replaces our former earlybird discount and passes more savings onto your organisation.
Please use the relevant discount codes provided below when registering for each individual expo to ensure these are applied to your final invoice:
- Register for two of our expos and you will receive a 7.5% discount (a saving of up to $60 per expo) UPA2EXPO**
- Register for three and you will receive 10% off per expo (a saving of up to $80 per event) UOA3EXPO**
- Register for four or more and receive 12.5% off per expo (a saving of up to $100 per expo) UOA4EXPO**
*Discount codes do not apply to not–for-profit organisations as a 50% discount already applies to registration costs.
**Registrations for two or more expos under the multi sign-up discounts must be completed at the same time, or in quick succession, and the discount code must be noted in the discount code field on each expo form.
Recruitment events for 2017
Registrations are also open for 2017 recruitment events. You can sign up for recruitment events and expos, and manage your employer profile via MyCDES, our student career management system.
Below are our standard formats, however, we’re adaptable and are more than happy to discuss times, dates and formats with you:
5pm – 6pm: Recruitment event – no networking
6pm – 8pm: Recruitment event with networking
8am – 9.30am: Subject to availability, recruitment event with breakfast networking
- These events most commonly follow the format of a one-hour presentation, with the option to follow up with a one-hour networking session directly afterwards.
- The content of the presentation is up to the organisation but can include videos, talks from recent University of Auckland grads, Q&As, competitions, tech talks, mock interview scenarios, student participation activities and more.
- Events are usually held in the evenings or in the early morning/breakfast time.
- Daytime events are also available on request.
- Recruitment events can be tailored for single organisations or industry bodies and organisations.
- Venue hire (usually a lecture theatre for the presentation and a foyer area for networking).
- Marketing for the event to the group of students of your choice (based in subjects, faculties, years, etc).
- A target email to your chosen group of students about the event that can also include information and links to your website and current vacancies.
- Management of attendance numbers through event booking system.
- Employer Engagement team member to staff the event.
- If you opt to include a networking session with your event, you can choose to have this catered by one of our approved campus caterers or local pizza delivery. This is coordinated by you, but we’ll put you in initial contact with the suppliers to discuss the right menu options for your event.
- Catering is not included in our recruitment event cost and is paid directly to the supplier.
- If you would like to know more about catering options, contact Kate Jones, Employer Event Coordinator.
Other career events
All of our faculty career events take place during Semester Two. We’re always on the lookout for speakers, panellists, networking attendees and MCs.
If you’d like your organisation to be part of these in 2017, please register here to be added to our speaker contact list.
Alternatively, contact Kate Jones, Employer Event Coordinator, and she’ll ensure you’re added to our contact list.
Feel free to give her a call to find out more about what these events entail and how you can get involved.
Direct dial: +64 9 923 5941
Mobile: 027 541 4175