Career expo and recruitment events
Register now recruitment events and career expos
Developing your 2018 University engagement plan? You’ve come to the right place. CDES can help you organise your student interactions and connect you with future graduates and interns.
Whether it’s career expos, recruitment and networking events, pop-ups, speaker opportunities, target emails…you name it, CDES can do it.
Semester One Expos
|2018 Business Career Expo||Thursday 1 March|
|2018 CDES Law Career Expo||Monday 12 March|
|2018 CDES Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Career Expo||Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 April|
Semester Two Expos
|2018 CDES Internship Expo||Thursday 26 July|
|Various career events||TBC|
Why your organisation should attend
- Build brand awareness – connect with students from a range of disciplines to let them know what your organisation has to offer and what you stand for
- Build a talent pipeline – engage with students to nurture talent for your internship and graduate opportunities
- Shape better applicants – share information about your recruitment process and how students can stand out
- Support students on their career development journey – offer advice to help them make career decisions
- Stand out as an employer of choice – connect with top talent and put your company front of mind
To discuss availability, contact our Employer Events Coordinator.
Costs and discounts
We are thrilled to offer discounts to reward full fee paying organisations* attending two or more of our expos.
Please use the relevant discount codes provided below when registering for each individual expo to ensure these are applied to your final invoice:
- Register for two of our expos and you will receive a 7.5% discount (a saving of up to $60 per expo) UOA2EXPO**
- Register for three and you will receive 10% off per expo (a saving of up to $80 per event) UOA3EXPO**
- Register for four or more and receive 12.5% off per expo (a saving of up to $100 per expo) UOA4EXPO**
*Discount codes do not apply to not–for-profit organisations as a 50% discount already applies to registration costs.
**Registrations for two or more expos under the multi sign-up discounts must be completed at the same time, or in quick succession, and the discount code must be noted in the discount code field on each expo form.
At the expo
Want even more student engagement and brand awareness? Get involved in speaker sessions, mock interviews, competition giveaways and sponsorship opportunities. As always, crowd favourites like the CV and LinkedIn checks will also be taking place.
Please contact Kate Jones, Employer Event Coordinator, to express initial interest in getting involved in any or all of these activities.
It’s up to you to make your booth as exciting, enticing and adventurous as you wish. Giveaways aren’t the be all and end all, but they are crowd-pleasers and will entice students to engage with you.
Included in your registration is:
- Expo space with Velcro-receptive backing boards (board space for you to dress with your own signage and space for pull up banners and flags)
- Trestle table and tablecloth
- Lighting, wireless internet connection and power supply (only full-fee paying organisations)
- Extensive promotion of your organisation as an exhibitor to students through a number of channels including print, email, social, and internal communications channels
- Up to four people from your organisation (at your stand at any one time)
- Morning tea and lunch included for all four of your representatives
- The opportunity to add value to the students' experience and increase exposure for your brand by participating in our expo activities as above
Don’t just take our word for it, check out some testimonials from employers regarding our 2017 expos:
"We had a few stand out students who we were keen to get signed up."
"Great event - lots of students keen on internships so nice pipeline coming through."
"We had 50+ signups in the 24 hours after the event, which is excellent."
"Some real stand out goodies came to see us!"
"The best organised and well-run events we attend."
"Lots of students keen to hear what opportunities are available for them with genuine interest. Thanks for organising this successful event."