Promoting your vacancies
Whether you’re recruiting for a one-off entry level opportunity, a summer internship, or a structured graduate programme, we can help you promote it to the right students.
Student Job Board
The University of Auckland is part of a consortium of seven New Zealand universities, known as NZ Uni Careerhub. This gives employers the opportunity to advertise job opportunities to a number of universities at once at a reasonable cost. Employers can register their vacancies on the central system and this is exported to the student job boards of their chosen universities.
Vacancy types we advertise on the job board include:
- Full-time employment
- Graduate programmes
- Internships (FREE)
- Overseas employment
- Study-related part-time or casual employment
- Study-related vacation employment
- Voluntary work/work experience
Advertising a vacancy at a single University costs from $50 + GST, or from $150 + GST to advertise with two or more universities. Job advertisements for internship opportunities are free of charge.
For more information about costs, visit the NZUniCareerHub page Services and Prices.
To advertise a vacancy, visit NZUniCareerHub.
Target emails are a great way to drive additional traffic to your job listing on our student job board. They can also be used to promote other opportunities and events, or to remind students of approaching closing dates for graduate and internship programmes.
Our target email service allows organisations to directly contact their preferred group of students. We’re able to identify those students by degree type (undergraduate, conjoint, masters, PHD, etc.) year of study, degree and major. The email subject heading, body text and banner image or logo are supplied by you, so you can ensure your messages and branding are consistent.
With more than 40,000 current students, we make targeted communications to students easy and effective.
To find out what programmes and subjects our students study, visit Study Options or contact our Employer Engagement Assistant to discuss how to identify the students you wish to contact.
Target emails are charged based on the number of students contacted. To receive a quote for the cost of a target email, please enter your requirements into the CDES target email form.
MyCDES Employer Profiles
MyCDES is our student career management portal where students can access the student job board, view and book their place on career workshops, expos and events and appointments, access online career resources and much more.
Building an Employer Profile on this platform is FREE and it’s a great way to build brand awareness.
Why your organisation should have a MyCDES Employer Profile:
- It's an opportunity to present information about your organisation that is targeted for the student market. This is particularly valuable if your organisation does not have a dedicated graduate or internship website.
- Students can “follow” your organisation through your profile to keep up-to-date with your job postings and on-campus activity. This will appear on their news feed when they log in to the portal.
- Students attending our expos are encouraged to research the organisations attending before they come on the day, so your MyCDES Employer Profile (which links to any expos you are attending) is their first port of call.
- Your profile promotes your website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, driving interested students to those channels.
- Save time registering for recruitment events and expos as key information merges directly from your profile to the registration form.
To build a MyCDES profile, contact our Employer Engagement Assistant who will set you up with a log in.
Get in touch
If you are interested in promoting your opportunities through any of our channels, please contact Martin Read, our Employer Engagement Assistant, at email@example.com.