Semester exchange in Australia
Learn more about completing an exchange in Semester Two 2021 with an Australian partner university.
The University is pleased to announce the opening of the 360 International semester exchange programmes for Semester Two 2021, allowing eligible undergraduate students to spend a semester abroad at an Australian partner university.
This process will move quickly with Semester Two approaching soon. Applications are now open and are due 11.59pm Sunday 9 May.
Please note, applications for Semester One 2022 exchanges will be opening in the near future. Exchange will only be open between selected Australian partner universities. Applications will be open for six weeks from the time applications go live on Via TRM.
If you're considering exchange in Semester Two 2022 or in the future, please check in with the 360 International team or refer back to this page for further updates near the end of the 2021 year.
This opportunity is only available to undergraduate Australian and New Zealand Citizens, Permanent Residents and resident visa holders who are currently in New Zealand and meet the exchange eligibility requirements.
Note, resident visa holders can apply if they have valid travel conditions and have been in New Zealand previously whilst holding that resident visa. Resident visa holders must ensure they meet the required number of days in New Zealand as stated for their resident visa and not exceed the limit whilst in Australia. As 360 International cannot advise on visa matters, students need to contact Immigration New Zealand for further advice.
The exchange requirements are:
- Demonstrated academic merit of a minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0 (B average).
- Earn a term GPA of 5.0 in Semester One 2021.
- Completed at least two full-time semesters at the University of Auckland prior to Semester Two 2021.
- Current enrolment at the University in an undergraduate programme.
- Suitability of your proposed programme at the host university to your programme of study at the University of Auckland.
- Your suitability as a representative of the University.
Please note, only these select institutions are available to choose from:
- Australian National University
- Monash University
- University of Melbourne (includes places for Law)
- University of Wollongong
- University of Sydney (limited spaces)
You're encouraged to list up to three choices, as there are limited spaces at each institution.
All students participating in the Semester Two exchange in Australia must:
- purchase the University of Auckland’s designated insurance policy prior to departure.
- submit details of their travel bookings and accommodation arrangements to 360 International prior to departure.
- assume that there is a level of risk associated with travelling to and from Australia, as the situation is subject to change at any point while abroad.
Please bear in mind the situation could change at any time and it is the student’s responsibility to understand potential risks involved with participating in an exchange at this time. Students will be responsible for any additional costs incurred as the result of changing Trans-Tasman travel bubble conditions. This includes but is not limited to unanticipated costs arising from delayed travel plans and mandatory managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) stays upon return to New Zealand.
How to apply
- Check your degree planner: Complete the Academic Planning Worksheet, outlining degree requirements you intend to fulfil in Semester Two 2021.
- Research courses at the partner universities: Complete the Host University Preferences and Proposed Courses Form, identifying 8-10 courses at each option. You can list up to three choices. For information on courses and helpful links, please ensure you review the Australian partner university fact sheets.
- Apply to 360 International: Submit an application on Via TRM, including your supporting documents. You're encouraged to list up to three choices. Please note: you must begin your application on your first choice university's page, and at the end of your application, you'll list the remainder of your preferences as alternate options.
The application deadline is 11.59pm, Sunday 9 May.
The 360 International team will review and process applications after the deadline. You will be notified of your application outcome and if accepted, we will inform you of the next steps.
360 International Awards
360 International is accepting applications for semester exchange in Australia for the 360 International Award for Equity Students and 360 International Award for Māori and Pacific Students.
Applications close 11.59pm, Wednesday 12 May.
Please ensure you also submit your exchange application on Via TRM, which has an earlier deadline of 9 May. Note, the 360 International Exchange Award is not available for the semester exchange in Australia for Semester Two 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have office hours, Monday to Friday, 10am-12pm. To speak with the team, please book an appointment.