Inter-semester courses, conferences and programmes abroad
There are a number of opportunities for students looking for an overseas experience that fit within the inter-semester break.
- Programmes vary, but usually include summer schools, research conferences, leadership programmes and online study experiences.
- It’s a great way to meet students from different countries while participating in a high-quality academic or leadership programme overseas. The schedules are packed with interesting lectures, seminars, field trips, cultural activities and social events.
- Programmes for undergraduate or honours students usually take place around July, with application deadlines in March or April. Programmes for masters and doctoral students can occur at any time of year.
- For most network programmes, places are limited and students must be nominated by their university. The University of Auckland’s International Office manages this process. It also offers travel grants for students to attend some programmes.
For more information, visit Student Network Programmes and Travel Grants.
Short courses hosted by exchange partners
Summer and winter programmes in conjunction with or at partner institutions are usually open to all students.
- They tend to be offered as an addition to the usual degree programme and usually take place during the northern hemisphere summer holidays (June to August) or winter holidays (December to February).
- These can be added onto a semester exchange or completed separately.
- Sometimes tuition and programme fees are waived, so that you can participate for free (though there will be other costs, such as travel and accommodation).
- It may be possible to gain credit for some courses towards your University of Auckland programme.
Interested in a short course this summer? Visit Via TRM to look at programmes we are currently promoting. Search for "NZ summer" to find programmes on offer between December 2018 and February 2019.
If you are interested in short term opportunities, and would like us to contact you, please contact email@example.com.