Universitas 21 (U21) opportunities
A full list is available at Universitas21.
Universitas 21 Supported Summer School
The University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus
Opportunity for Undergraduate Students (second year and above).
U21 is pleased to announce that it is supporting University of Nottingham’s (Malaysia Campus) International Summer School in 2018 to offer a very special welcome to U21 students. This two-week programme will provide you with the opportunity to study a new subject, meet people from across the globe and learn about a different culture. Based at the University of Nottingham (Malaysia) award-winning countryside campus just outside Kuala Lumpur, this Summer School Programme offers opportunities for anyone wishing to undertake short term study abroad while learning about Malaysia’s wonderful and varied culture at first hand. Students will chose from one of four Summer School Modules:
- Politics, Culture and the Media in Southeast Asia
- Doing Business in Asia
- Beginning Creative Writing
- Intensive Mandarin for beginners
Complete your traveller profile and apply to this programme on go.aucklandabroad.ac.nz
Applications close 13 March 2018.
The University will select up to three representatives. The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Demonstrated academic merit (a minimum GPA of 6.0 in the 2 most recent full-time semesters of study)
- i. Acceptance of their paper/abstract/participation by the conference organisers (in those cases where students have to apply for such acceptance first)
- ii. Level of engagement with the conference theme (in those cases where students do not first need to be accepted by the organisers)
- motivation for applying to represent the University, the benefits for the University of supporting their participation, and the alignment of their application with the University’s strategic priorities
- suitability as a representative of the University of Auckland and demonstrated ability to work effectively across disciplines
- support of the student’s faculty
Preference may be given to students who have not
been previously funded by the University for similar opportunities.
Where two or more applicants are considered to equally meet the criteria, an appropriate spread of faculty representatives may be considered at the committee’s discretion.
U21 International Summer Schools
In addition to year and semester exchanges, short-term programmes (such as summer and winter schools) are available from U21 member institutions.
A list of offerings are available: U21 International short term mobility options.
To apply for these opportunities, please contact the 360 International team:
Phone: +64 9 923 1692
Level 4, Student Commons
2 Alfred Street
Open: Monday to Friday 2pm–4pm