Zhejiang Summer Research Programme
Participate in Zhejiang scholars summer research programme
In 2018, Zhejiang University will initiate the 1st ZJU Scholars Summer Research Program for talented students from selected partner universities with the aim of promoting existing academic ties among its strategic partners and providing cutting-edge research experience to the young generation of future leaders and experts worldwide.
Two students from the University of Auckland will have the opportunity to participate in a research project at ZJU for 6 weeks from 5 July to 16 August 2018.
The scholarship includes:
- Waived application and tuition fees
- Free on-campus accomodation from 4 July - 17 August (double room)
- Living allowance of 2100RMB (approx. USD$333) per person
In addition, the University of Auckland will provide return economy airfares for the 2 selected students.
Successful applicants will participate in a research project under the guidance of a renowned ZJU professor and work closely with post docs, postgraduate and senior undergraduate students from the same research team. During the 6-week program, participants will join an elite cohort of domestic students in a dynamic, inspiring environment and become an integral part of the innovative and diversified ZJU community!
- Applicants must be a masters or PhD student
- Good proficiency in English
- Relevant academic background - see special requirements of each project in the excel file below
- Applicants must be of non-Chinese nationality
- Students must meet eligibility criteria and possess relevant academic background
- Identify research project to apply to (see excel file for details of projects available)
- Contact relevant ZJU Professor to obtain written approval to join project*
- Submit all application documents* to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Tuesday 15 May 2018
*See information document below for application instructions
The University of Auckland will nominate successfully selected students to ZJU by 20 May, Zhejiang University will announce successful admissions on Friday 1 June 2018.