Postgraduate Diploma in Education
The PGDipEd offers advanced study in applied education including adult and higher education, educational psychology, and leadership and management. It may be taken as a general qualification or in a specialisation such as early career teaching or literacy education.
Who can apply?
You can apply for admission to the PGDipEd if you have completed one of the following:
- bachelors degree in education, eg MIT Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching)
- Advanced Diploma in Teaching and three years' teaching experience
- approved Graduate Diploma in Education.
- Early Career Teaching
If you wish to enrol for this specialisation, you need to:
- have a Bachelor of Education (Teaching) and less than three years' teaching experience, or
- not hold full registration from the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Future study options
Master of Education
Completion of the PGDipEd may qualify you for admission into this programme.
Completing the PGDipEd
|Number of points to complete PGDipEd||Fulltime study||Part-time||Location|
|120 points||1 year