This course looks at the design of relational databases and the use of the related data in queries and reports together with more advanced form creation and ways to make your database more user-friendly.
- Database concepts and design principles
- Create and utilise relationships between tables
- Export record sets in Excel or text format
- Collect data using email
- Advanced queries - calculations in queries, asking for input for queries, creating a crosstab query, other action-taking queries
- Advanced form design - using the toolbox, bound and unbound controls, setting properties of controls, adding other controls to forms including combo boxes and command buttons
- Make databases easier for others to use - switchboards and custom navigation panes
- Learn the key concepts of relational databases
- Gain more advanced skills with queries, form design and reports
PC only. Access 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Dates, times and venues for scheduled workshops 2019
Please be aware that this workshop is not currently offered as a scheduled workshop.
For University of Auckland and UniServices staff, you can access equivalent online learning courses. Please refer to our Online learning page for more information.