This course looks at the design of relational databases and the use of the related data in queries and reports together with more advanced form creation and ways to make your database more user-friendly.
- Database concepts and design principles
- Create and utilise relationships between tables
- Export record sets in Excel or text format
- Collect data using email
- Advanced queries - calculations in queries, asking for input for queries, creating a crosstab query, other action-taking queries
- Advanced form design - using the toolbox, bound and unbound controls, setting properties of controls, adding other controls to forms including combo boxes and command buttons
- Make databases easier for others to use - switchboards and custom navigation panes
- Learn the key concepts of relational databases
- Gain more advanced skills with queries, form design and reports
This is an advanced level workshop which is suitable for those who have completed the prerequisite or who are competent with the topics covered in that workshop. Before registering, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with the topics covered in the prerequisite workshop.
If no Introduction workshops are available please upskill online prior to attending this workshop.
PC only. Access 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$125+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.