Learn how to use the built in power of Excel by using visual basic macros to automate routine activities. Save time and effort. Improve your consistency and accuracy with repetitive procedures.
- Recording and editing VB code
- Add simple input and alert boxes to make the macros interactive
- Add basic programming structures such as conditional statements and looping
- Create a simple function macro to perform a custom calculation
- Learn the fundamentals of visual basic macros within Excel
- Learn to modify these macros where necessary
This is an advanced level workshop which is suitable for those who have completed the prerequisite or who are competent with the topics covered in that workshop. Before registering, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with the topics covered in the prerequisite workshop.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$125+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.