Learn how to use the power Visual Basic for Applications by using macros to automate routine activities.
Save time, effort and improve your consistency and accuracy with repetitive procedures. VBA is a full programming language – so this course is just the start of your journey.
- Record and edit VB code
- Understand where macros are stored and how to run them
- Add simple alert boxes to make macros interactive
- Add basic programming structures such as conditional statements and looping to allow you to automate repetition
- Create a simple function macro to perform a custom calculation
- Learn the fundamentals of creating visual basic macros in Excel
- Learn to modify these macros where necessary
Alternatively, for University of Auckland and UniServices staff, please access the following Online learning courses to ensure you meet the minimum competency requirements for this workshop:
- Microsoft Office 2016 Intermediate Excel: Macros and Advanced Queries
This is an advanced level workshop suitable for those who have completed Excel Essentials, prescribed online learning courses or who are competent with the prerequisite topics. Before registering for this workshop, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with all the prerequisite topics.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view workshop availability and register on a session.
All others, please see our Registration page for more information.
Please be aware that a Cancellation policy applies to these workshop sessions.
Dates, times and venues for scheduled workshops 2019