Excel Pivot Tables
Learn to create a pivot table to summarise data and streamline the process of formatting and displaying the results.
Pivot Tables are the single most powerful tool in Excel to create effective summaries quickly and easily in areas like financial reporting, organisational data and data analysis. When coupled with interactive features such as Slicers, you can make this information dynamically useful to others.
There will be an opportunity to apply these skills to your own data at the end of the course.
- Create PivotTables or Pivot Charts from lists or tables
- Understand how Pivot Tables refresh
- Use functions other than SUM to analyse your data
- Refine presentation with cell formats, table styles and conditional formatting
- Group numbers, dates and even text labels to streamline the table
- Use filtering effectively to display only the data you want including Slicers
- An opportunity to bring your own data and work on creating Pivot Tables
- Learn to create a PivotTable to summarise data the way you want it
- Streamline the process of formatting and displaying the results
- Apply these skills to your own data – or work on self-paced examples
Alternatively, please access the following Online learning courses in Career Tools to ensure you meet the minimum competency requirements for this workshop:
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Creating, Editing, and Saving Workbooks
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Formatting Data
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Charts, Tables, and Images
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Formulas and Functions
In addition, you may like to complete the following recommended online courses:
- Using PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Advanced Charts in Excel 2013
- PivotTable Filters, Calculations, and PowerPivot
This is an intermediate level workshop suitable for those who have completed the Excel Essentials course, prescribed online learning courses or who are competent with the prerequisites topics covered. Before registering for this workshop, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with all the prerequisite topics.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that Pivot Charts are not available for Mac. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view workshop availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information.
Dates, times and venues for scheduled workshops 2019