InDesign Digital Publishing
It’s all about taking your documents online or to e-readers. In this course we will look at various methods of creating digital publications such as Interactive PDFs and Electronic Publications (EPUBs) for page readers such as Kindle and iPad. We will also look at the liquid and alternate layout options, and Publish Online which allows you to publish a digital version of an InDesign document that is available on any device, in any modern web browser, without the need to install a plug-in.
- Interactive PDFs
- EPUBs in Fixed and Reflowable layouts
- Add Video, Slideshows, Object Animation, Table of Contents, Hyperlinks, Buttons, Cross-references, Bookmarks and Page Transitions
- Export Interactive PDF and EPUBs
- Liquid and Alternate layouts
- Publish Online
- Create an Interactive PDF
- Create an EPUB for digital readers (Kindle and iPad)
- Which EPUB format should you use - Reflowable or Fixed-Layout?
- Include a table of contents, and hyperlinks for email and websites
- Buttons, bookmarks, cross-references and page transitions
- Insert video clips, slideshows and animations
- Set up Export options for the PDF and EPUB
- Explore Liquid and Alternate layouts, and Publish Online
This is an advanced level workshop which is suitable for those who have completed the prerequisite or who are competent with the topics covered in that workshop. Before registering for this workshop, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with the topics covered in the prerequisite workshop.
Please note it is important that you understand how to create and use InDesign Styles which are required but not covered in this workshop.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Adobe InDesign CC 2017 is used. This workshop content covers features and functionality exclusively available in Adobe InDesign CC 2017 and above. Some features and functionality mentioned in this workshop are not available in previous versions.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$150+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.