Adobe InDesign offers tools for professional desktop publishing. With InDesign it is possible to integrate text and graphics from many sources into virtually any kind of publication, from newsletters and brochures to colour catalogues and magazines, with maximum precision and control.
- Create a new InDesign document and organise the page setup
- Use rulers and guides to place your text and graphics
- Use the basic drawing tool to enhance your publication
- Work with the Master pages and page numbering
- Place text from Microsoft Word
- Place and resize images
- Apply colour to fills and strokes on all objects and text boxes
- Wrap text around images
- Learn how to set up a document for single pages or two sided printing
- Work with Master Pages to speed up page layout
- Insert Headers and Footers, and Page Numbers
- Place text and graphics into your document
- Work with Character and Paragraph formatting controls
- Wrap text around graphics and shapes
New and existing users
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Adobe InDesign CC 2017 is used.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$150+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.