Word Thesis Formatting SME Clinic
SME clinics are held regularly to provide access to the Word skills and expertise of our specialist Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
This is your opportunity to ask questions, request guidance or assistance in resolving a particular problem. While there are usually two SMEs available to assist you, you may be asked to wait or come back over the course of the hour if they are busy assisting others.
Registration is required as spaces are limited on a first-come first-served basis. To register, please scroll down and request your preferred session.
Due to limited time for this session, your query will be limited to 10-15 minutes so that we can accommodate everyone. We will endeavour to help solve your problem during this time. However, we may also direct you to additional/alternative resources for further learning.
When attending this clinic, we ask that you:
- Bring your query on a USB stick as you will be unable to access any University drives
- Give careful consideration to and/or write down your query i.e. what is your issue? What is your aim? What have you tried already?
- Arrive at 12.15pm to set up; you may be required to wait a short while for assistance. Please let us know if you are going to be late so that we can inform our SME.
- On arrival, add your name to the list (this will help us determine who is served first)
- Log into any available computer and access your file ready for assistance
- Make use of the available whiteboards and computers to demonstrate your idea or problem (if necessary)
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to register. For all others, please see our registration page for more information.
Friday 20 September 2019, 12.15-1.15pm - FULL
Room 305, Level 3, 49 Symonds Street, Auckland