CAREER 100G Crafting Your Career
CAREER 100G | Open | City Campus | Semester Two 2022 | 15 points
What is employability? The world of work is changing rapidly. Crafting your Career uses project-based, collaborative, problem-solving exercises to assist students in readying themselves for life after the degree. The course aims to build students’ work-readiness by enhancing their understanding of a variety of workplaces, while developing the skills employers regard as essential to career success.
Prerequisite: 60 points passed Restriction: ARTSGEN 102, POPLHLTH 300, 302
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply the employability mind-set for job seeking and career development.
- Understand and apply the broad range of transferrable skills developed in the process of completing a degree and connect these to the key skills sought after in the job market.
- Develop greater self-awareness and apply self-reflective methods to learn from experience.
- Gain confidence in communicating key skills and strengths to potential employers.
- Begin crafting a future career around values, strengths and interests as well as skills and knowledge.
'The CV exercise was extremely helpful and useful. I learnt many things that I didn't know.'
'Tutorials and workshops discussions were extremely useful as they allowed me to discuss anything I was unsure about.'
'The guest speakers were all very helpful. They all had valuable knowledge on the topics. Small group workshops and tutorials were useful.'