ENGGEN 100G Technological Choices for the Future
ENGGEN 100G | Open | Semester Two 2022 | City Campus | 15 points
A consideration of technological choices to support informed decision making in the use of technology in modern society. The course focuses on important questions such as: What is the future direction of power generation in New Zealand? How can we create a sustainable future? Where will current developments in robotics and mobile communications lead us?
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of the theory underpinning technological choices.
- Recognize practicalities of options in terms of resource usage, cost, limitations and risks.
- Recognise influences stemming from political, social, economic, cultural and even religious pressures.
- Gain an understanding of ideas and methods across disciplines.
- Respect the values of other individuals and groups.
'The knowledgeable, talented, and understanding teaching team made this course a delight to participate in.'
'All the assignments were very enjoyable. This course was a lot more fun than I expected which made me more enthused to learn.'
'I enjoyed doing the practical parts of this course such as 3D printing, robotics, and the presentation.'
'The lecturers were the most helpful. They clearly and concisely explained the course content well and I thoroughly enjoyed it.'