URBPLAN 100G Creative Communities
URBPLAN 100G | ARTS, BE, EDSW, EMHSS, LC* | Semester One 2020 | City Campus
* does not satisfy the General Education requirements for the Bachelor of Urban Planning or Bachelor of Urban Planning (Honours)
Urban planning is about shaping spaces and places that work for everyone to help create a future that is environmentally, socially, culturally and economically sustainable. You will explore the evolution of urban planning ideas and practice as a context for thinking about the critical planning issues facing New Zealand.
Note: this course was previously taught as PLANNING 100G. Students who have previously passed PLANNING 100 or 100G can not take this class.
- Explaining the evolution of modern urban planning from the Industrial Revolution to the present
- Broadly describing how colonisation has impacted on planning
- Evaluating how urban planning contributes to place making
- Distinguishing between different urban planning theories and practices
- Developing a basis for critiquing contemporary urban planning in Aotearoa New Zealand and beyond
Two assignments 50%