- are a Māori or Pacific school leaver
- want to be prepared academically for study
- want to get a head start in being a successful student
- are planning on a Bachelor of Arts or Science programme
- didn’t get University Entrance
- have NCEA Level 2 and the literacy and numeracy requirements for University Entrance
UniBound offers you the Certificate in Academic Preparation to get you on your way.
This 2-semester, full-time programme starts during the University's Summer School and finishes at the end of Semester 1. It will prepare you for academic study and increase your confidence, making you a more successful student at University. It will help with entry into the Arts or Science undergraduate programmes.
Online application closing date
Closing date for applications is Friday 12 January 2018.
You must be ready to start the UniBound/Certificate in Academic Preparation on 15 January 2018 (Summer School Orientation). All relevant courses and coursework must be completed by the end of Semester One which is 25 June 2018.
For more information visit Unibound: how to apply.
2017 Certificate in Academic Preparation
UnBound offers you:
- courses in Arts and Sciences specifically designed to prepare you for the requirements of university degree study
- better skills in literacy, numeracy skills, critical thinking and personal study
- a comprehensive basic education platform for intending university students
- a positive and friendly introduction to university academic and social life.
- information about the academic and pastoral support services available at the University of Auckland.
With Unibound you will achieve:
- basic study, organisation, and time management skills.
- familiarity with the terminology, knowledge and skills specific to individual subjects.
- the confidence, skills and work ethic to succeed in a university environment.
- an understanding of the university structure and options for further study.
- an improved written and oral communication skills.
- an academically recognised qualification enabling you to apply for admission into an Arts or Science undergraduate degree programme at the University of Auckland.
- 30 points towards your chosen bachelors degree.
Additional benefits and support include:
- paying no fees for Summer School (Part 1)
- receiving a public transport allowance
- eligibility for free accommodation over Summer School (Part 1) if you are a Māori student from outside of Auckland
- eligibility for academic achievement grants for successful completion up to the value of $1,000
With Unibound you will have the same privileges, services and support as other University of Auckland students.
UniBound/Certificate in Academic Preparation includes a 1-day Orientation, weekly lectures and workshops with additional tutorials to help you with your assignments. At Orientation you will get tips on managing your studies, a tour the campus and be briefed on course expectations. All students are expected to attend.
Saturday 13 January 2018, 8am-4pm.
Fale Pasifika, University of Auckland City Campus.