Postgraduate Diploma in Translation Studies (PGDipTranslationStud)
|Points per degree||120|
|Full-time study||1 year|
|Part-time study||Up to 4 years|
|Taught by||Faculty of Arts|
|Taught at||City Campus|
|Application Closing date||Semester One: 8 December Semester Two: 4 July (Semester Two start possible in exceptional cases)|
|Start date||Semester One: 6 March 2017 Semester Two: 24 July 2017|
This programme is designed to meet the growing need for professionally trained translators. There is a balanced mix of theory and practice, including theoretical issues, translation practice and the use of electronic tools.
- Gain a sound appreciation of translation as a professional activity and learn about the local translation market.
- Gain hands-on translation practice.
- Have the opportunity to continue your study of a foreign language.
- If your first language is not English, you can study professional English discourse and the editing and revision of English texts.
Translation can lead to careers in:
- International organisations
- International business and trade
- Online and offline publishing
- Software and website localisation
With the constant growth in international communication, the demand for translation is increasing continuously. Many translators undertake freelance work with clients from all over the world.