Future Cities Research Hub
A research which aims to better understand the complexity of cities and find innovative solutions to urban issues.
The Future Cities Research Hub brings together researchers from disciplines concerned with the built environment.
With a future focus, the aim is to better understand the complexities of cities and find innovative solutions to urban issues across the building, neighbourhood and city scales.
The Hub promotes research collaborations and cross-disciplinary approaches leading to evidence-based understandings and design innovations for future cities.
The research domains broadly include:
• Responding to climate change through integrated processes;
• Enhancing sustainability and resilience at different scales;
• Improving health and well-being through built environments;
• Integrated, innovative and disruptive technologies;
• Passive design, RES integration and low-carbon communities;
• Materials efficiency through pre-fabrication and life-cycle thinking;
• Policies, governance and stakeholder engagement.
We welcome doctoral expressions of interest in relevant fields of research.
Co-founders and Co-directors: Dr Paola Boarin and Prof Errol Haarhoff.
Members of the Future Cities Hub include:
• Patricia Austin
• Dr Paola Boarin
• Dr Emilio Garcia
• Assoc Prof Kai Gu
• Prof Errol Haarhoff
• Dr Stephen Knight-Lenihan
• Dr Manfredo Manfredini
• Dr Mohsen Mohammadzadeh
• Dr Sarosh Mulla
• Dr Ferdinand Oswald
• Dr Alessandro Premier
• Dr Marjorie van Roon