Programmes and courses
Glossary of terms
- Course: The basic component of all University programmes
- Degree: Principal University qualification (eg, bachelors and masters degrees)
- Postgraduate: Someone studying toward a second or higher degree (eg, PhD)
- Preparation programmes: Study pathways to help qualify for University admission
- Programme: A set of courses and/or other work that leads to the rewarding of a certificate, diploma or degree (eg Bachelor of Science programme)
- Subject: An area of learning (eg, Accounting, Italian, Chemistry)
- Undergraduate: A person studying toward a first degree, diploma or certificate
See our full glossary of terms
I'm still not sure, I'd like more information about...
- Meet students and graduates, and find out where a degree can take you.
Make your mark
- Find out about programme and course availability and other key information.
- Visit the Government website for more careers information.
Courses for professionals, students and staff
We also offer a range of personal, business and professional courses.
More about continuing education
Faculties, institutes, campuses and library
- Faculty of Arts
- Business School
- National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Liggins Institute
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Libraries and Learning Services
- More information...