Career development and benefits
Development to enhance your performance and a wide range of benefits.
The University provides a range of development opportunities designed to enhance your performance no matter what your position or level.
These opportunities are available to both Professional and Academic staff members.
- Staff Organisational and Development Unit
- Professional and personal development
- Leadership and Management development
- Aspire career centre (for professional staff)
- Wellness programme
- Awards and Fellowships
- Performance and development reviews
- English language enrichment
- IT Training
- Academic practice – research, teaching and E-learning
One advantage of being part of a large organisation means we can offer you a variety of staff benefits. Discover what The University of Auckland can offer you.
- Five weeks annual leave –we understand the importance of balancing work, life and family and as such, provide five weeks annual leave for all staff.
- Company Superannuation Scheme – we offer all our staff the option of considering our three superannuation schemes
- Flexible working hours – we are committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and conditions which support a balance between work, life and family. Talk to one of our staff as to how best we can accommodate your requirements.
- Car parking – all staff can apply for a car parking permit at a discounted rate on campus
- Discounted health insurance and eye testing, flu jabs – all staff are entitled to these benefits upon employment here at the University.
- Learning and Development Opportunities – we offer a wide range of development opportunities to support you in your career with us.
- Childcare – take advantage of our discounted five childcare/early childcare education centres and two kohanga reo, that provide a safe and nurturing environment for children
- Employee assistance programme –we provide confidential, professional services which can support and guide you through your personal or work problems
- Leisure, recreation and culture - whether you're a culture vulture, a fitness freak or like exploring new physical, cultural and spiritual experiences, the University offers something to suit. Explore our on-site services provided to all staff
- Equity – the equity office provides support and assistance for staff members in equity groups
- Disability Services – we provide support for staff with disabilities
- Discounts at Goldie Wineyard on Waiheke Island – we own a vineyard and all staff are entitled to a generous discount on the purchase of wines from Goldie Vineyard
- Cafes and on-site shopping – discover the range of cafes and retail shops available to you on campus
- Immigration support – we have a licensed immigration advisor to assist you with the immigration process
- Library – all staff have access to a range of services from our library
- Relocation – national or global relocation assistance maybe offered to you, depending on the role and your current location.
Faculties, institutes, campuses and library
- Faculty of Arts
- Business School
- National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Liggins Institute
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Libraries and Learning Services
- More information...