Complete an Application for Admission (AfA)
The University of Auckland invites you to develop and submit your AfA online.
This process makes the submission of a doctoral application straightforward; it provides you with a clear channel for inquiring about doctoral study or acquiring a supervisor.
The online admission process allows for inclusion of sufficient information to enable faculty and departmental staff to assess you as a potential doctoral candidate and subsequently advise you appropriately.
We strongly advise you to thoroughly investigate material on the website of the faculty or department of interest, to help you determine your programme choices:
Before you begin, be sure to have at hand, in electronic format:
- Transcripts for your highest tertiary qualification. You must also include the grading scale for the university that you have studied at. This is usually found on the back of the transcript. Please upload this as part of your transcript. If you are a returning student to the University of Auckland, you can obtain an copy of your unofficial transcript by following the instructions in this link.
- Statement of Research Intent
- If English is not your first language: your IELTS, TOEFL and TWE test scores if you have sat such tests within the last two years.
- Your CV or resumé.
Some programmes may also require:
Please check the website of your faculty or department for any additional information they may require.
You will also be required to provide two Doctoral Referee Reports*
*Preferably, the letters should be from academic staff of your home university, who can comment on your research capability and experience.
The application is an online process, so you will need to log in.
- If you are a student or staff member at the University: use your NetID and password.
- If you are new to The University of Auckland: sign up for a new account (you can do this on the login page).
Faculties, institutes, campuses and library
- Faculty of Arts
- Business School
- National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Liggins Institute
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Libraries and Learning Services
- More information...