Epsom Campus is home to five technical workshops.
- 6ET-101 is a 40-seater seminar room for technical classes.
- 6ET-102 is a 40-seater technical room for graphic and design work, with sloping tables for drawing; it can also be used as a standard teaching space.
- 6ET-103 is a 40-seater hard materials lab that can be used for woodwork and metalwork, with bandsaws, drills, welding equipment, a wash station (in case of exposure to hot materials) and a first aid kit.
- 6ET-104 is a 40-capacity soft materials lab with sewing machines, glue guns and a first aid kit.
- 6ET-105 is a 30-capacity food technology workshop – essentially a teaching kitchen, with ovens, gas hobs, sinks, microwaves and preparation stations.
A technical workshop can only be used under the supervision of a technician. When booking or enquiring, please be clear about the details of what they will be used for so the technician can prepare.
Staff wishing to use one of the technical workshops should book through University room bookings.
Outside individuals or organisations should phone 09 623 8808 or email Facilities and Services Manager Raymond Dixon.