Employment at the University of Auckland is much more than a 'job' – it's a key part of your personal and professional development.
We employ over 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students – making us one of New Zealand’s largest employers.
It is our intention to create an environment in which highly talented people can flourish.
Career development opportunities
To support you in your career, we offer a wide range of development opportunities – from individual performance and development reviews to avenues for pursuing your professional interests through study, secondments, conferences and workshops.These opportunities are available to both professional and academic staff and include:
- People and organisational development.
- Professional and personal development.
- EVOLVE is the University's programme for developing professional staff. EVOLVE is designed to enable growth and development in your role and at the University.
- Leadership and management development.
- Professional staff can use the Aspire Career Centre to assist with career planning.
- Wellbeing programme.
- Awards and fellowships.
- Performance and development reviews.
- English language enrichment.
- IT Training.
- Academic practice – research, teaching and e-learning.