Doctoral Candidates Returning to Commence an Additional Doctorate Procedures
Doctoral candidates who have completed a doctorate and who now wish to commence a new doctorate at Waipapa Taumata Rau, the University of Auckland.
To specify the procedures that must be followed by candidates who have completed a doctorate and now wish to commence a new doctorate.
1. Candidates who have completed a doctorate previously may apply for entry into a doctoral programme, but this must normally be for a different PhD subject.
2. Candidates returning to complete an additional doctorate are not permitted to undertake research in the same subject area or general field.
3. Candidates accepted into the programme will be enrolled provisionally and undergo the usual confirmation milestones review process. This includes meeting all of the University's standard confirmation milestones.
4. Candidates must comply with the regulations of the University PhD Statute under which they are enrolled.
The following definition applies to this document:
University means Waipapa Taumata Rau - The University of Auckland and includes all subsidiaries.
Key relevant documents
Includes the following:
- PhD Statute
- Declaration for Doctoral Candidates with Previous Doctoral Registration
Document management and control
Owner: Dean of Graduate Studies
Content manager: School of Graduate Studies
Approved by: BOGS, Senate and Council
Date approved: 19 September 2022
Review date: 19 September 2027