Benefits of Society membership
Alumni who become University of Auckland Society members are entitled to a wide range of event invitations, access to facilities, and discounts.
Members receive invitations to a variety of University and Society events:
- Bright Lights: An Audience with Distinguished Alumni, and the Distinguished Alumni Awards Dinner
- Summer Shakespeare: Members receive discounted tickets
- The Graduation Gala Concerto Competition: A very popular event, Society members enjoy preferential seating
- University of Auckland Alumni events around New Zealand and overseas: Society members enjoy complimentary or discounted rates
- The Society Salon Series: These popular gatherings are based on the old idea of the French literary and philosophical movements of the 17th and 18th centuries where intellectuals and artists gathered to discuss books and ideas
- Annual Society AGM/Christmas party: Society members are invited to this annual event free of charge
Public Programmes discount
Members of the University of Auckland Society are eligible for a 20% discount off selected courses and events delivered through Public Programmes.
Simply enter the coupon code SOC19 during online registration, or call the Public Programmes team to register on 0800 864 266.
To see what courses are offered, visit the Public Programmes website
Auckland University Press Discount
Society members enjoy a special discount with Auckland University Press, entitling them to a full 25% off all AUP publications and a 40% discount when purchasing 10 or more items.
Simply enter the discount code UOASOC at the checkout when purchasing your books online. You can view available AUP publications and browse the online store at the AUP website
Staff Common Room membership at Old Government House
Society members can apply for membership to the University’s Staff Common Room (SCR), located at the historic Old Government House. Successful applicants will enjoy full SCR membership rights, which include a subsidised cafe and bar, reading lounge, and discounted venue hire rates.
To apply, you must be a current financial member of the Society. The SCR reserves the right to limit the number of approved Society applications at any time.
Read more about SCR membership at the Staff Common Room web page
Society members receive special rates with Avis Car rental for hires in New Zealand.
To obtain the Avis Worldwide Discount number and more detailed information, please contact the Society office directly.
University of Auckland Library membership discount
Society members who apply for personal associate membership to the University of Auckland Library are entitled to a 30% discount upon provision of their Society membership card.
More information on associate membership to the library, including services, fees and application forms can be found on the Alumni Benefits page.