The Eisdell Moore Centre Research Fund
The Eisdell Moore Centre is a virtual research centre that is hosted by the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences at the University and brings together hearing and balance researchers from around New Zealand.
1 in 6 New Zealanders have a hearing impairment and 40% of New Zealanders will experience some form of balance disorder over the course of their life.
The Eisdell Moore Centre was established in 2017 with a mission to reduce the impact of hearing and balance disability in New Zealand and the Pacific region through research, community education and the promotion of evidence based clinical services.
- We undertake multidisciplinary research aimed at developing treatments and interventions for hearing impairment and balance disorders such as sensori-neural hearing loss, tinnitus, auditory processing disorder, Meniere’s disease, bilateral vestibulopathy.
- We work with Māori researchers, clinicians and communities to find evidence-based solutions to hearing health inequities for tangata whenua
- We support the development of ear and hearing care services in the broader Pacific region.
- We work with community groups such as the National Foundation for the Deaf and the New Zealand Dizziness, Balance and Vertigo Society to support community education on these disorders to aid prevention and to promote treatment options.
Your donation is valuable to support future researchers and future research. We can do this through student scholarships and stipends and by providing funding for staff salaries, equipment and consumables. Your donation will inspire and support a new generation of researchers and contribute to the advancement of knowledge so that we can reduce the impact of hearing and balance disability in Aotearoa.
We thank you for your generosity in supporting the Eisdell Moore Centre.
If you are interested in meeting a member of the EMC to discuss giving a gift please contact us:
Carly Murrell, Development Manager, Medicine and Health
- PH: + 64 9 923 9235
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org