Call for nominations for the 2019 Māori Business Leaders Awards
22 February 2019
Nominations are invited from individuals, groups or organisations for the Aotearoa New Zealand Māori Business Leaders Awards, which recognise and celebrate outstanding Māori excellence and success in business.
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e ngā karangatanga maha o ngā hau e whā, tēnā koutou katoa. Whaiā te iti kahurangi, ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei. He waka eke noa tātou.
The prestigious awards, launched in 2003 by the University of Auckland Business School, have grown significantly in size and stature, with the prize-giving reception attracting politicians, Māori business and community leaders, iwi organisations, government agencies, Māori Business School alumni, Business School partners and friends, family and business associates of the award winners, and current Māori students and faculty members.
Nominations close on 8 March 2019. This year’s awards categories are:
Nominations close on 8 March and winners will be announced at the awards reception held on Friday 10 May.
· Dame Mira Szászy Māori Alumni Award. Recent winners include: Dr Ella Henry, Karen Vercoe, and Liz Te Amo.
· Te Tohu mō te Kaiārahi Rangatahi Māori i ngā mahi Pakihi (Young Māori Business Leader Award). Recent winners include: Ngarimu Blair, Jamie Tuuta, Blanche Murray, and Kendall Flutey.
· Te Tohu mō te Kaiārahi Rakahinonga Māori (Māori Entrepreneurial Leader Award). Recent winners include: Bailey Mackey, and Maruhaeremuri Nihoniho.
· Te Tohu mō te Kaiārahi Wahine Māori i ngā mahi Pakihi (Māori Woman Business Leader Award). Recent winners include: Mavis Mullins, Miriana Stephens, Hinerangi Raumati, and Rachel Taulelei.
· Te Tohu Kairangi mō te Kaiārahi Pakihi Māori (Outstanding Māori Business Leader Award). Recent winners include: Kingi Smiler, Jason Witehira, Mavis Mullins, Kauahi Ngapora.
· Te Tohu Kairangi mō te Pakihi Māori Ihorei (Outstanding Māori Business Leadership Award). Recent winners include: Tainui Group Holdings Limited, Ngāi Tahu Holdings, Kahungunu Asset Holding Company, Iwi Collective Partnership.
Winners will be announced at the awards reception held on Friday 10 May 2019 in Auckland.
The Business School is proud to have a wide network of Māori business graduates who support each other professionally and gather each year to reaffirm their commitment to supporting the academic and business accomplishments of Māori.
Further information on the awards, including the composition of the steering committee, the awards criteria, and a nomination form, is available on the awards website www.auckland.ac.nz/maoribusinessleadersawards.
Miranda Playfair | Media Adviser
Mob: 021 623 2383