Header of MyAucklandUni
This page explains the header section of MyAucklandUni, and how it works.
Introduction to the header
The 'Header' contains three main features:
- Email (envelope icon)
- Personal details (person icon)
- Help and support / AskAuckland (question mark icon)
The envelope icon is a link to your student email account on Gmail.
The icon also shows the number of unread emails as a red circle with a white number.
Things to note:
- If you’re already signed into your personal Gmail account, you should still be taken to your student email account on Gmail. However, if you are taken to your personal email account, simply sign out and then click the envelope icon again.
- Email notifications are only for unread emails in the Inbox, not those within labels or folders.
- If you have more than 100 unread emails in your Gmail inbox, the email notification will show "99+".
The person icon is a link to your personal details.
Your personal details include:
- Student ID number
- Legal name
- Preferred name
- Home address and mailing address
- Email addresses
- Phone number
- Emergency contacts
- Other information includes:
- Date of birth
Help and support / AskAuckland
The question mark icon is a link to AskAuckland, your online help and support centre.
AskAuckland contains answers to frequently asked questions from students.