Word Long Documents
Do you produce long documents that require tables of contents or figures or numbered headings? Do you need to produce high quality and appropriately formatted work more efficiently? Then getting to grips with Word's document production features in this workshop is the answer.
- Efficient navigation around your document
- Reviewing page and section breaks
- Reviewing page numbering conventions
- Reviewing the way to use, create and modify styles
- Saving a customized style set
- Customising multilevel heading numbering options
- Creating supporting tables of contents, figures etc.
- Using captions to automate numbering of figures, tables, diagrams
- Inserting footnotes and endnotes
- Using reviewing tools to compare and combine changed documents
- Working with master and sub documents effectively
- Format, navigate and organize your long documents efficiently
This is an intermediate level workshop which is suitable for those who have completed the prerequisite or who are competent with the topics covered in that workshop. Before registering for this workshop, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with the topics covered in the prerequisite workshop, specifically:
- Formatting documents using Quick Styles
- Page and section breaks in a document
- Using headers, footers and page numbering
PC and Mac computers are available on a first come, first served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Word 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$125+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.