Word Thesis Formatting
This workshop looks specifically at the tools needed to format a thesis or dissertation.
Running parallel to Word Long Documents, this workshop looks more specifically at the tools needed to format a thesis or dissertation. Participants are encouraged to bring a USB stick in order to save the thesis files that they work on during the workshop.
- Use the University's thesis templates
- Review document sections and page numbering
- Use of styles revisited
- Use captions to create a table of figures, tables or equations
- Insert cross-references to headings, figures etc
- Update the Table of Contents, List of Figures and Tables, and Cross-References
- Troubleshoot tables and graphics
- Enable users to format their theses or dissertations efficiently.
This is an intermediate level workshop which is suitable for those who are competent with Word’s general formatting tools and need to produce a thesis in Word.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first come, first served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Word 2013 is used. Also suitable for 2010 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$125+GST for others
Visit our Registration page to learn about registering, withdrawing and our cancellation policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2017
July - September 2017
Friday 8 September 2017, 9am-12pm
Room 305, Level 3, Building 620, 49 Symonds Street, City Campus
October - December 2017
There are currently no scheduled sessions for this period. Request a custom workshop.