Word Thesis Formatting
This workshop looks specifically at the tools needed to format a thesis or dissertation.
During the workshop, attendees will be working on examples provided by the facilitator. Participants are encouraged to bring a USB stick in order to save the thesis files that they work on during the workshop.
Following this workshop, there will be an opportunity for attendees to request assistance regarding their own thesis. Staying for the additional hour is optional, however it is highly recommended if attendees have a specific query they require guidance on.
- Use the University's thesis templates
- Review document sections and page numbering
- Use of styles revisited
- Use captions to create a table of figures, tables or equations
- Insert cross-references to headings, figures etc
- Update the Table of Contents, List of Figures and Tables, and Cross-References
- Troubleshoot tables and graphics
- Enable users to format their theses or dissertations efficiently.
This is an intermediate level workshop which is suitable for those who are competent with Word’s general formatting tools and need to produce a thesis in Word.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first come, first served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Word 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
If you are unable to attend a workshop, please find additional resources at Library and Learning Services - thesis writing.
- Refer to Library and Learning Services thesis writing resources and workshops.
- Online Learning - access online learning from anywhere at anytime.