Word Thesis Formatting
This workshop looks specifically at the tools needed to format a thesis or dissertation.
Running parallel to Word Long Documents, this workshop looks more specifically at the tools needed to format a thesis or dissertation. Participants are encouraged to bring a USB stick in order to save the thesis files that they work on during the workshop.
- Use the University's thesis templates
- Review document sections and page numbering
- Use of styles revisited
- Use captions to create a table of figures, tables or equations
- Insert cross-references to headings, figures etc
- Update the Table of Contents, List of Figures and Tables, and Cross-References
- Troubleshoot tables and graphics
- Enable users to format their theses or dissertations efficiently.
This is an intermediate level workshop which is suitable for those who are competent with Word’s general formatting tools and need to produce a thesis in Word.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first come, first served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Word 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
If you are unable to attend a workshop, please find additional resources at Library and Learning Services - thesis writing.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff and University of Auckland postgraduate students
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view workshop availability and register on a session.
All others, please see our Registration page for more information.
Please be aware that a Cancellation policy applies to these workshop sessions.
Dates, times and venues for scheduled workshops 2019